Each Hub provides a locally focused central point to:
- Create awareness about best practice in responsible and child safe volunteering and tourism.
- Bring together and share knowledge, resources, tools, guidelines, events and news.
- Prevent volunteering and tourism practices harmful to the safety and wellbeing of children, such as orphanage tourism.
- Collaborate and link into local expertise in responsible and child safe volunteering and tourism practices and the safeguarding of children.
The hub is open to:
- children and young people
- organisations (non-government, faith based, community based)
- residential care institutions
- schools and universities
- tourism/volunteer sector and operators
- tourists and volunteers